Wednesday, July 14, 2010

You Are (Not) a Beautiful and Unique Snowflake

All I asked for was one simple thing: do the dishes. Of course she didn't, though. I love my roommate, I really do, but sometimes I wish she helped out more. Yes, I understand that she works the late shift at Steak 'n Shake and gets tired, but I do too. Not only do I cook for my roommates practically every day, but I generally end up doing the dishes too. Not that I have a problem with the cooking part, it's just sometimes... I mean, today dinner for me was a nutritious meal of ice cream and Cheez-Its because all my pans were dirty. I'd just like a little bit more help, is all.

Alright, rant over. I finished reading Service Included today, which feels good. Finishing a book always leaves me satisfied and yet wanting more, like a well cooked meal. I've already started Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential and am really liking it. The book is making me wonder, though...

Earlier today I was looking on blogger.com at all the blogs out there, thinking to myself about how I'm just one grain of salt in the vast pixelated ocean of the internet. I mean, let's be honest, who out there really cares about the rantings of a nineteen year old that probably eats too much? This blog isn't the lofty work of some published author or freelance artist, it's the babblings of a mixed up young person. I won't pretend to think that I have revolutionary ideas that absolutely have to be brought to the world; in some ways this is just a public journal. Interesting how our views of privacy have changed, huh? With social networking and blogs and all that, complete strangers can now know the daily going ons of our lives. Food for thought...

No work today, but I do have an appointment at a culinary school set up. Should be fun (or depressing). I also need to figure out what I'm making for dinner... It's probably about time I got some sleep, though, so I'll be back later.

No comments:

Post a Comment